Bank PO is a Managerial Level post offered in various banks of the country. This exam is conducted by various recruiting bodies to recruit Bank PO every year. These recruiting bodies are IBPS, SBI, IPPB etc.
Prelims- Online, Main Exam- Both Online and Offline
Medium to Hard
MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Main Paper)
English Language (30 marks) Quantitative Aptitude (35 marks) Reasoning (35 marks)
October 3, 4 and 10, 2020
BANK-PO CHAPTER WISE PREPARATION BY NTHEXAM
Quantitative Aptitude - Arithmetic Ability is the most important requisite for clearing of the bank PO, SO and Clerk exams
Logical reasoning aptitude tests, logical reasoning examples, logical reasoning questions and answers,Logical reasoning (verbal reasoning) refers to the ability of a candidate to understand and logically
English study material & notes for IBPS SO/Clerk/PO, SBI, RRB, RBI & all India bank exams. Learn Grammar & Vocabulary
BANK-PO EXAM OVERVIEW
IBPS PO preliminary examination will be conducted online and candidates are allocated total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
- IBPS PO/MT exam takes place for the recruitment of Probationary Officers and Management Trainees' in the participating banks, which are national public sector banks.
- IBPS SO exam takes place for the recruitment of Specialist Officers, which are Scale-I officers in the national public sector banks.
- IBPS Clerk exam takes place for the recruitment of Specialist Officers, which are Scale-I officers in the national public sector banks.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I exam takes place for the recruitment of Scale-I Officers in Regional Rural Banks, this post is equivalent to Probationary Officers post in National Public Sector Banks.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam takes place for the recruitment of Office Assistant in Regional Rural Banks, this post is equivalent to Clerk post in National Public Sector Banks.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II and Scale-III exam takes place for the recruitment of Scale-II and Scale-III Officers in Regional Rural Banks, the post of Officer Scale-II is equivalent to Specialist Officer post and Officer Scale-III post is equivalent to Senior Manager in National Public Sector Banks
BANK-PO EXAM INFORMATION
|General/ OBC/ EWS||INR 600|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 100|
BANK-PO EXAM PATTERNS
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2020
The IBPS PO preliminary examination will be conducted online and candidates are allocated total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020
• Introduction of Descriptive Paper: Just like SBI PO 2020 Exam, IBPS introduced Descriptive Paper in its Mains Examination where candidates will be judged on their written skills. An essay and a letter will be given to candidates to write that will constitute of 25 marks and that has to be completed in a time span of 30 minutes.
• The overall time allotted for each section has also been changed.
• No separate paper will be conducted for Computer Applications. Reasoning is teamed up with Computer Aptitude section and this entire section will contain 45 questions of a total of 60 marks.
• The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam has also been changed from 140 minutes to 180 minutes.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|Sr. No.||Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Examination||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||English only||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
BANK-PO EXAM PREPARATION TIPS
As you know that IBPS PO prelim exam is just around the corner, I am quite sure that your preparation is in full swing. The prelim exam is the first hurdle in the IBPS PO race. You must keep yourself well-prepared for this battle to go ahead in this race among lakhs of candidates.
But you need not worry about the number of aspirants as your battle is against only a small bunch of serious candidates. So if you have cleared all your basics and completed a good number of mock tests, then definitely you are one of the front runners in the race.
Okay, enough speech. Now coming to the actual point.
- Here I would suggest you to get your basics cleared first especially in percentage and ratio-proportion.
- Also learn tablets up to 25, squares up to 50, and cubes up to 25.
- Learn to multiply in a line with the line multiplication method that you can easily find on youtube.
- Try to add and subtract in mind without paper, a pen that will definitely save your time.
- Try to learn as many short-cuts as possible to increase speed. Although this step is not beneficial to you in mains but it can surely save your time in prelims.
In the case of reasoning, I will strongly suggest you to first clear the basic concepts of the below question types.
- blood relation
- ordering and ranking
To be good at puzzles, I would suggest you to practice as much as possible.
As i believe “Practice is the only key to succeed in reasoning.”
English is a nightmare to almost all students. So if you want to excel in this section, first work on your vocabulary and grammar section as these days banking exams have been focusing ore on students’ vocabulary.
So if your vocabulary is strong then you can easily solve para jumble, RC, fillers, and cloze test.
So i would recommend you to go through the below links to get a clear idea about English preparation.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Series section first. They have 5 marks. 150 questions of previous year papers of SBI/IBPS PO will be sufficient. Max 5 minutes. 1 question is always tricky.
- Data sufficiency comprises 5 or 3 or 2 marks. Second priority.
- Out of last 15 questions you have to solve only 10. Everything is not compulsory. Your strong sections third priority.
- Read every chapter at least once.
- Don’t solve last 15 questions first. Leave them whenever they appear on the screen and solve them in the end.
- If you wish to be updated regarding the upcoming exams, their patterns, syllabus, and other details, you can try nthexam website. It provides free study material, updates of upcoming exams and mock tests for various competitive exams.
Last but not the least, I am again repeating that Practice as many mock tests as possible to evaluate yourself. Go through nthexam’s EQAD Online Test Series and practice as much as possible previous year papers in an Online simulated environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Bank PO examination?
The full form of Bank PO Exam is the ‘Bank Probationary Officer Exam’. Bank PO is a Scale 1 officer position offered in various banks of the country. Scale 1 officer is a manager level personnel who is entitled to perform managerial tasks. The exam is conducted by various bodies like IBPS, SBI, IPPB etc. to select manager level employees for Banks . Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS organizes the PO exam to select candidates for this post in 20 Public Sector Banks in India. Other Public and Private banks like SBI and IPPB also hold this exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in their respective banks.
Who is Eligible for Bank PO exam?
A candidate must be 21-30 years of age while applying for Bank PO exam. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to SC and ST. the candidates belonging to OBC categories are given an age relaxation of 3 years.
How many attempts in IBPS PO means?
You can take as many attempts as you want . There is no restriction on number of attempts for IBPS Bank PO Exam. However in SBI PO, you can appear in the exam only 4 times.